Whilst this is the second time I have written a blog, it is the first time that I have confidently put a blog into the world to be followed by all and any. In this respect I am seriously new and somewhat shiny. I am therefore honored to have been noticed and nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award so early in my musings. Thank you @Sharna for the recognition.
The Sunshine Blogger Award, for those that don’t know, is an award created by bloggers for bloggers to celebrate one another’s hard work, dedication, and community spirit.
So, how does the Sunshine Blogger Award work?
1. A previously nominated blogger is given the task of nominating 11 more bloggers.
2. The previous blogger asks the 11 nominated bloggers 11 questions relating to their blog.
3. The 11 nominees all answer the questions and nominate 11 more bloggers.
4. And the cycle continues over and over again!
So, without further ado, here are the answers to the questions posed to me by Sharna:
1. What is one thing you’d love to accomplish in 2018?
I would like to start making money from my computer via social media marketing / blog creating / making landing pages. My dream is to travel with my son and World School. This is a way that would afford us such a lifestyle. If anyone reading has any tips I’d be happy to listen!
2. If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
Honest. Loyal. Direct.
3. How did you get into blogging?
Initially I started a blog to document my journey to become a single mother by choice. As that developed into infertility I struggled with the blog. Once my son was born I abandoned it altogether due to the memories it brought up. I decided to start this blog as I feel that I have a story to share and want to make it easier for others to share their struggles with infertility (and parenting!)
4. What would you probably be doing if you weren’t blogging?
Blogging doesn’t take up too much of my time – my son is my priority so I fit it in around him. I’m entertaining him as I’m writing this too!
5. What is one random fact about you?
I had my child using a sperm donor. Best decision I ever made.
6. What is your favorite song right now?
Rex Orange County – Loving is Easy
7. If you acquired a time machine and had the opportunity to transport to anywhere in the world, past or future, where would you go and why?
I always say that my biggest regret is not having my child when I was younger but then I wouldn’t go back and change it because then I might not have this, perfect child. Instead I’d probably have to go back in time and check out some dinosaurs.
8. What is your go-to for inspiration?
My son is my inspiration for everything I do.
9. If you could learn any language, what would it be? Do you speak more than one language already?
I am not fluent in any language but I can speak Spanish. If I were immersed in the language I’d be pretty competent within a couple of months. I also understand Italian and French and can make myself understood in restaurants and shops. I’d love to learn Thai or Lao!
10. What is your ultimate favourite movie?
The Wizard of Oz
11. Finally, where would you like blogging to take you?
Eventually I would love to earn a little income from my blog so that I can world school my son. Its going to evolve to talk about infertility, parenting and home schooling. I’d love to get guest bloggers in once I’m more established. I want this blog to feel like a safe space for anyone to air their thoughts on any of these subjects.
I’ll tweet my nominations and ask them to post their links in my comments for your enjoyment!
Questions for you all:
- What has been an unexpected perk of blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- If you could go to any country and live there for a year, where would you go and why?
- What is one piece of advice you would give someone starting a blog?
- What is your favorite memory from the last year?
- Summer or Winter and why?
- What is something that you wish you knew more about but just don’t have the time to study?
- Snakes or Spiders?
- If you could pick two famous people to swap jobs, who would they be?
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.
Happy blogging everyone!
One thought on “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
Congratulations on the award! 🙂 Thank you for nominating me. Loved reading your answers 🙂
Here’s something in Spanish as I am learning the language, ”
¿cómo estás? Felicidades por el premio. Tienes un blog maravilloso. Te mereces el premio.”
LikeLiked by 1 person